~Recipe Credit: Umm Ayub Bobat~
- 1 1/2 – 2 chickens (cut according to preference)
- 5 cashew nuts
- 6 almonds
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes or to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 medium tomatoes or 200ml tinned tomato
- 3 tbsps yoghurt
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 homemade marinade blocks (see recipe)
- 3/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 3 small cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 4 tbsps oil
- Few knobs of butter
- Recite Bismillah.
- Grind almonds, cashew nuts, peppercorns, cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon in a coffee / spice / herb grinder.
- Then prepare the marinade by blending all the ingredients including the grounded spices in a liquidiser / blender.
- Marinate chicken in the marinade for an hour. Add the oil & butter.
- Cook on medium heat till the water has burned, oil has released, chicken is tender & the masala / gravy is thick.
- Serve with hot hot chapattis or even homemade chips & salad!
- Remember us in your duas & Enjoy!