~Recipe Credit: bbc good foods~
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g milk chocolate / dark chocolate (according to preference)
- 85g plain flour
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 50g White chocolate / white chocolate chips
- 50g milk chocolate/ milk chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- Icing sugar to dust
- Recite Bismillah
- Cut butter into small cubes & place in a bowl.
- Break milk chocolate / dark chocolate into small pieces & add to the same bowl.
- Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line a 20cm / 8″ square tin with parchment / grease proof paper.
- Sieve cocoa & flour into another bowl.
- Cut the White chocolate & milk chocolate into small chunks. (Skip this step if you are using chocolate chips).
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs & sugar using an electric mixer until thick & creamy. The mixture should double in volume.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture & fold gently using a spatula until well combined.
- Fold in sifted cocoa & flour by hand.
- Stir in chocolate chips / chunks.
- Pour mixture into lined tin.
- Throw in a few milk/white chocolate chunks/ oreos or whatever you like really!
- Bake for 25 mins.
- You will know the brownies are ready if the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares & dust with icing sugar. Enjoy! 😋