- 250g butter NOT MARGARINE
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour (Add more if needed to make dough firm, but be careful not to add too much, just enough to roll it out.)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 heaped tbsp cocoa
- 200g melted chocolate
- Recite Bismillah.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cream butter, sugar & oil until light & fluffy
- Add the eggs & vanilla & beat.
- Add the coconut & sifted dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Never add all the flour all at once. You may need less or you may even need more than stated.
- Roll out dough & cut into oval shapes.
- Place on a greased baking tray & bake at 180c for 10 minutes or till they come off the tray easily without sticking but are still soft.
- Cool & stick together with melted chocolate.