Recipe credit: Hafsa Kasak (with a few tips of our own)
- 250g salted butter NOT MARGARINE
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins & cherries ( raisins + cherries = 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Recite Bismillah
- Cream butter & sugar till light & creamy. ( For a good 15 mins- we recommend using the stand mixer for this)
- Beat in vanilla & egg yolk.
- Add in dry ingredients & enough flour to make a soft dough. Never add in all the flour! You may need less or you may need more.
- Divide dough into 4 parts so it is easier to work with.
- Make rolls as shown below & wrap them in cling film. Allow to become firm for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- Remove rolls from fridge, cut into slices & place on baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 mins till golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from baking tray. Store in a air tight container once cool. Enjoy!