Recipe Credit: Najeebah’s Cuisine (Instagram Page: @najeebahscuisine)
- 125g softened butter NOT MARGARINE
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 4-5 tsps ginger powder (or desired amount)
- 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 cups or enough self raising flour to make a soft dough
- Sugar to coat
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cream butter, oil & sugar till light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs & golden syrup.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Make balls (approximately 13g each), roll them in sugar & place them on a baking tray. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 5-7 mins till they crack.
- Lower the temperature down to 160c. Bake until golden brown. Enjoy!