- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 cup Youghurt (you may need more)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Few strands of saffron
- Recite Bismillah.
- Prepare syrup by adding all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Allow to boil till slightly thick. (till it coats the back of the spoon).
- Next in a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Then rub in ghee.
- Make in to dough using the yoghurt.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Cut out round shapes using a biscuit cutter. (we prefer a small cutter)
- Fry in oil till lightly brown.
- Dip in syrup. Enjoy!