Recipe credit: Hafsa Kasak (with a few tips of our own)
- 250g salted butter NOT MARGARINE
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Recite Bismillah.
- Beat butter , vanilla & sugar till light & fluffy. ( For a good 15 mins- we recommend using the stand mixer for this)
- Beat in the egg yolks.
- Then fold in the baking powder & enough flour to make a soft dough. (You may not need all the flour or may need more)
- Beat the egg whites.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Dip them in egg whites & roll them in coconut, placing them on a greased oven tray.
- Make a dent in the centre using your small finger.
- Mix the jam in a bowl for a few minutes so that it goes smooth enough to pipe.
- Using a piping bag fill the centre of the biscuits with jam.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till they are very lightly brown. Once cool, store in a air tight container. Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Coconut Nests”
Made these biscuits. Needed to add more flour than stated to form the balls. Really pleased how they turned out
LikeLiked by 1 person
Alhamdulilah, جزاك اللهُ خيراً for your feedback. i have updated it. Factors such as temperature in the Kitchen, egg size & type of butter may affect the amount of flour. X