~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat ~
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsps dried yeast
- 1/8 cup / 25g caster sugar
- 38g butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2- 3/4 cup warm milk (you may need more when kneading the door)
- 1/2 cup brown caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 50g butter
- 140g Philadelphia cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 56g butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a bowl combine the milk & yeast & allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Then add all the ingredients to a stand mixer to make a soft dough. If you are making the dough by hand knead for a good 10 minutes till the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Cover the bowl & place in a warm place. (Preferably in a microwave or a oven that is turned off)
- Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Grease your hands & remove the dough from the bowl.
- Roll the dough out to 21 inches x 16 inches.
- Spread the butter.
- Combine the remaining ingredients for the filling & sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll the dough like a swiss roll.
- Cut the roll into slices & place them in a greased baking tray.
- Allow to rise for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake foe 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing by beating together all the ingredients in a bowl with a electric whisk until it is light & fluffy.
- As soon as the cinnabons are out of the oven, spread the icing whilst they are still hot! Serve hot & enjoy!
Tip: Cinnabon rolls can be re heated in the microwave for about 30 seconds & served again!