بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
“In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”
There are certain acts in salaah, that if they are left out unintentionally , salaah can be corrected by doing sajdah – e sahw , instead of repeating it all over again (the method of this will be explained further on) . These acts are called Waajib. They are:
1. To recite surah faatiha (besides the third & fourth rakaah of fardh salaah. In the third & fourth it will be sunnah not waajib.
2. To recite a surah or three short verses or one long ayah after surah faatihah in the first two rakaahs of all the rakaahs of other salaahs.
3. To maintain order & sequence in qiraat, rukhu, sajdah etc.
4. Qawma (to stand up straight after ruku)
5. Jalsa (to sit between the two sajdahs)
6. Tadeel- Arkaan ( to perform every act calmly , without haste).
7. Qaadah-e – oola ( to sit for tashahhud after every two rakaats in a 3 or 4 rakaahs salaah).
8. To read tashahhud in both the qaadahs (sittings)
9. To end salaah by doing salaam.
10. To say takbeer in the witr salaah before reciting dua – e qunoot.
11. To pray dua – e qunoot in the witr salaah.
12. To fix the first 2 rakaahs of fardh salaah for Qiraat.