بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
“In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”
Method Of Wudhu
- It is preferable to face the qiblah and sit on an elevated place so that the water does not splash on you.
- When commencing wudhu, بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ should be recited.
- First of all, the hands should be washed up to the wrists three times.
- Use a miswaak to brush the teeth. If there is no miswaak, rub the teeth with the fore finger.
- Thereafter, rinse the mouth three times and If the person is not fasting, he should gargle the mouth thoroughly. However, if he is fasting, he should not gargle thoroughly because there is a possibility that water will go down the throat.
- Then take water up into the nose three times (by sniffing it in) and clean it with the little finger of the left hand. However, the fasting person should not allow the water to go beyond the soft-bone of the nose.
- Wash the face three times: from the hair-line till below the chin, and from one ear-lobe to the other. Water must reach all these places. Water must also reach below the eye brows – no place should remain dry.
- Wash the right arm including the elbows three times.
- Thereafter wash the left arm up including the elbows three times.
- Make khilaal of the fingers. This is to pass the fingers of one hand through the fingers of the other hand. If there is a ring or any such jewellery on the fingers, it should be removed so that no part is left dry.
- Thereafter make masah of the head (passing wet hands over the head). Keep the three fingers (middle finger, ring finger & little finger) of each hand together & place them on the forehead. Keeping the thumb & index finger raised away from the head, drawn the three fingers to the back from the forehead to the upper portion of the nape. Then place the palms on the side of the head & bring them back to the forehead.
- Make masah of the ears by inserting the forefingers into the ears and making masah of the back of the ear-lobes with the thumb of each hand.
- Make masah of the neck with the back of the hands. However, masah of the fore-neck/throat should not be made. Fresh water need not be used for making masah of the ears & neck. Whatever water is left over after making masah of the head will be sufficient.
- Thereafter wash the right foot including the ankles three time, making sure the heels are washed thouroughly and not left dry. Do the same for the left foot three times.
- Make khilaal (passing the finger between the toes of the feet with the little finger of the left hand. When making khilaal, commence with the little toe of the right foot and end with the little toe of the left foot.
- Recite the following dua upon completing dua:
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَريـكَ لَـهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّـداً عَبْـدُهُ وَرَسُـولُـهُ
اَللَّهُـمَّ اجْعَلْنِـي مِنَ التَّـوَّابِينَ وَاجْعَـلْنِي مِنَ الْمُتَطَهِّـرِينَ.
Ashhadu an la ilaha illal-lahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, wa-ashhadu anna Muhammadan a’abduhu warasooluh.
Allahummaj a’alnee minat-tawwabeena waj a’alnee minal-mutatahhireen
I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.
O Allah, make me of those who return to You often in repentance and make me of those who remain clean and pure.