بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
“In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “There are people who fast and get nothing from their fast except hunger, and there are those who pray and get nothing from their prayer but a sleepless night. (Because of not abstaining from sins)”
Doing makhrooh (disliked) actions will not break the fast however it will decrease the reward of the fast. They are:
- To clean the teeth with charcoalTo clean the teeth with toothpaste.
- To exaggerate when gargling the mouth.
- To exaggerate when putting sniffing water up the nostrils.
- Kissing / embracing spouse when fear of inercourse or ejaculation.
- Doing anything that will weaken you.
- Looking at the opposite gender lustfully apart from one’s spouse.
- To taste food without swallowing it (this will not be makhrooh in extreme situations woman’s husband is ill tempered / a chef may lose his job).
- To gather spit in the mouth & swallow it.
- To backbite.
- To lie.
- To swear.
- To show restlessness & complain of hunger.
- To delay ghusl intentionally after subah sadiq.
- To listen to music.
- To watch Tv.
- Commiting any act of sins.