بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
“In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”
Makhrooh Actions In Salaah
Makhrooh actions refers to those actions that do not break one’s salaah, however by doing them the full reward is lost. They are:
1. To answer salaam by raising the hand.
2. To play with the clothes.
3. To pray salaah in clothes with pictures on them.
4. To make the second rakaah longer than the first.
5. To place something in the mouth.
6. To pray salaah when one has the urge to go to the toilet.
7. To crack the fingers.
8. To look around.
9. To pray salaah in clothing that people would not usually go out in.
10. To dust the floor (in salaah) so clothes do not get dirty.
11. To pray where someone is sitting facing them.
12. To yawn intentionally.
13. To close the eyes. If this is done to concentrate then it is allowed.
14. To pray salaah in a room where there are pictures of living beings / animals
15. To count surahs, tasbeehs etc on the fingers.
16. To stretch.
17. To wrap oneself in a sheet which makes it difficult to free the hands quickly.
18. To pray salaah against the sunnah.