Recipe Credit: Fazila Bobat
- 500g boneless chicken (sliced)
- 1 cup buttermilk (click to see homemade buttermilk recipe)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic
- 6 tbsps kfc powder (we use the KFC chilli & without chilli powder form draycott in Bolton)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Coat chicken in KFC powder & set aside for 15 mins.
- Re-dip the chicken back into the kfc powder and make sure it sticks to the chicken by pressing the powder onto the chicken (we like to use the kfc mix without chilli for this second dip)
- Shallow fry on medium heat in a non stick pan till golden brown. (Don’t turn the chicken too quickly or else the coating will fall off)
- Serve in white rolls / brioche buns with condiments of your choice. Enjoy! (Check out our favourite concoction below)
Tip: A mix of Cholula hot sauce, Mayonnaise, ketchup, gherkins & chopped red onions goes well with this billy burger. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to create your own tangy delicious sauce!