~Recipe Credit: Treasury of South African Indian delights~
The original recipe does not have vanilla essence in the mixture, however anything that has raw eggs we like to add a dash of vanilla essence.
- 2 packets boudoir biscuits (sponge fingers)
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 250g mascapone cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee
- 1 mug boiling water
- cocoa for sprinkling
- Recite Bismillah.
- Beat egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla essence & sugar till light & creamy.
- Add in mascarpone cheese &mix
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites stiffly & add to above mixture. (Make sure no egg yolk or any other liquid falls into the egg whites otherwise they will not go stiff).
- In another bowl beat fresh cream stiffly & add to above mixture & mix well.
- Dissolve coffee & vanilla in the mug of water.
- In a dish of your choice place a layer of dipped biscuits in coffee.
- Cover biscuits with half of the filling.
- Place another layer of dipped sponge biscuits & pour remaining filling on top.
- Dust with cocoa. Chill for a few hours before serving.