Recipe Credit : Umme ~ Aa’ishah
- 4 x double chocolate chip muffins (274g)
- 300g dairy milk chocolate
- 600ml double cream
- Grated chocolate / chocolate curls
- 300ml whipped cream ( Whip to a consistency where it’s thick but pourable)
- Recite Bismillah
- Place water in a saucepan to boil.
- In a large bowl that will fit on top of the saucepan & not sink in, break the chocolate into chunks.
- Lower the heat completely & place bowl over the saucepan. (This is known as a double boiler) Let the chocolate melt, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile crumble the muffins & lay in a dessert dish.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour cream into a separate saucepan & bring to a simmer.
- Add cream to the melted chocolate & combine using a whisk over the double boiler.
- Allow to cool & refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge & whisk till thick or desired consistency. You want it to set as a creamy mousse.
- Pour or spoon over the muffins & allow to chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Then add the whipped cream & grated chocolate / chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Tip: Make this dessert the day before as it will give it time to set properly.
Tip: If you are going to make this dessert in shot glasses etc, you may need more cream to pipe on top.