This is originally Dolly Bake’s recipe. She uses stork margarine whereas we prefer butter. We also prefer more cocoa powder.
- 400g salted butter
- 280 g caster sugar
- 170g desiccated coconut
- 150g crushed cornflakes
- 3 heaped tbsps Cocoa (may need more)
- 280g self raising flour
- 500g Cadburys milk chocolate
- Recite Bismillah .
- Line a 11″ square tin with grease proof paper.
- Preheat oven to 170c
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over the heat.
- Add melted butter to dry ingredients & combine well.
- Spread and flatten in tin.
- Bake at 170c for 25 mins or till the sides have started to come away from the edge of the tin.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate & pour over the biscuit.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces in the tray or remove the Aussie crunch from tin by turning it upside down on to grease proof paper & tapping on the tin. Turn back over & cut into slices. Enjoy 🙂